1. What is SAP Fiori?
SAP Fiori is a collection of standard applications based on SAPUI5 library provided by SAP. SAP Fiori applications share some standard design guidelines and the way in which these applications are developed. Currently, more than 500 Fiori applications are available freely.
2. Difference between SAP UI5 and SAP Fiori?
SAPUI5 is a client-side HTML5 rendering framework or library and SAP FIORI is a collection of and released as waves of applications that are completely based on the SAPUI5 framework. It means we can create applications using the SAPUI5 framework and SAP FIORI is the final product i.e. application.
3. What is Fiori launchpad, and explain it?
As we know, there are more than 500 Fiori applications, SAP has provided a shell or single point place from where we can access all the applications. This serves as a home page for all the Fiori applications provided. This shows a tile-based UI where every UI redirects to the assigned Fiori application. This launch is fully customizable according to your needs, like theming and all.
To gain in-depth knowledge with practical experience, then explore SAP FIORI Training
4. What are the steps required to configure SAP Fiori Transactional Apps?
Step-1: Configuring SAP Web Dispatcher specifies routing rules to define which URL is forwarded to which system is done for both transactional apps and factsheets.
Step-2: Only needs to be configured for factsheets. If we just have to configure transactional apps, we can skip.
Step-3: Configuring the front-end server, and this is done for both transactional apps and factsheets. At a high level, we need to configure:
- SAP Netweaver Gateway
- The Central UI Add-Ons (Launchpad Configuration)
- Product Specific Add-ons
5. Explain SAP Netweaver Gateway Central Hub deployment in SAP Fiori?
UI layer and SAP Netweaver gateway is contained in the ABAP front-end server. The ABAP back-end server contains business logic and back-end data. Separating business logic and back-end data from the UI layer has below advantages.
- Single point of maintenance for UI issues- such as browser support and updated version of SAP UI5 libraries.
- The routing and composition of multiple backend systems are supported.
- The central place for theming and branding SAP Fiori apps.
6. What are the different authentication methods that can be configured in SAP Fiori?
By implementing SAP Single Sign-On, your apps become automatically available after just one initial user authentication at the user’s Windows desktop, with no need for further log-on procedures. Kerberos technology is the method of choice in internet scenarios for SSO. It simply re-uses your windows domain authentication for single sign-on. X.509 certificates provide a viable option for creating a secure SSO infrastructure if you’re considering extending single sign-on to an extranet or cross-company scenario.
7. Explain SAP Netweaver Gateway embedded hub deployment in SAP Fiori?
Netweaver gateway is deployed on the same server as the business site. So multiple business suite systems require a gateway to be configured multiple times. It is not recommended by SAP, especially for customers with multiple back ends. No additional separate NetWeaver gateway system is required. It is usually used for sandbox purposes only.
8. What are the different configuration steps in SAP Fiori?
Configurations of SAP Fiori apps are divided into two parts, i.e., the configuration of transaction apps and fact sheets configuration of analytical apps. Following are configuration steps in SAP Fiori.
- Create a semantic object in SAP Fiori Server (Front-end server)
- Create Launchpad role in SAP Fiori Server (Front-end server)
- Create Business Catalog
- Create Business Group
- Create App’s PFCG role in SAP Fiori Server (Front-end server)
SAP FIORI Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
9. What are the components of SAP Hana extended application services?
SAP Hana XS engine contains two components-Hana Live App content and SMART Business components with KPI Modeller. Within Hana Live App content, VDM reuse content exists.
10. What is MVC?
MVC approach defines in SAPUI5 has the following points.
- Model: A bridge between view and data of the apps, and it accepts the request from view and responds accordingly. It doesn’t depend on any of the classes.
- View: It manages the display of information (GUI of the application), and it depends on the model.
- Controller: It concludes the input given by devices and communities to the model/view to take proper action. It also depends on the model. View and Controller have a 1:1 relationship.
11. How can you get to know whether the device is Touch Screen or not?
SAPUI5 library provides a special API “sap.ui.Device,” which can be used for the device and its feature detection. This API has a flag “sap.ui.Device.touch” which returns true if the device is a touch screen otherwise false.
12. What are the different options in SAP Fiori launchpad design?
- Configuration Layer: Contains all content as delivered to customers, including translation.
- Customization Layer: Customers adjust content for all users in the system. We can use the CUST layer for testing or other reasons. Content is transportable through customizing requests by customers. After customization, content is decoupled from the configuration layer and no automatic synchronization after changes to the delivered layer.
13. What is the use of the OData Protocol?
OData is a protocol used to exchange data on the web and was originally developed by Microsoft. It is based on atom publishing and atom syndication standards, which in turn, are based on XML and HTTPS(S). OData defines the following.
- Simple types
- Complex types
- Association as well as navigation path between entries
- Custom behavior
- OData also adds an alternative representation of data in the form of JSON
14. What are the components that are configured in the SAP front end server?
Configuring the ABAP front-end server includes the following.
- Configure SAP Netweaver Gateway
- Configure the central UI add-on
- Configure SAP Fiori Launchpad
15. What are Fiori Design Principles?
There are five design principles in SAP Fiori applications.
16. How does data flow happen in SAP Fiori launchpad? Explain the steps?
The sequence of steps that are involved in the SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Launchpad Designer - Add a catalogue, add a group
- Target mapping - Semantic object, action
- Static/Dynamic Launcher
- PFCG - Catalog, group
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
17. What is the use of defining workflow scenarios in the workflow engine?
Workflow scenario aggregates one or more workflow tasks in a workflow engine and is represented by a single entry in the consumer's application. The service /IWPGW/TASK PROCESSING is provided in the standard.
18. What are the configuration tasks that need to be performed on the front end server as per different app types?
We need to perform certain configuration tasks on the front-end server specific to app type. We need to activate OData services for transactional apps and factsheets but not for analytical apps. For analytical apps, we need to configure access to SAP HANA data.
19. What is the different app launched tile types in SAP Fiori?
The following are app launched tile types in SAP Fiori.
- Static- It shows predefined static content (text, icon)
- Dynamic- It shows numbers that can be read dynamically
- News Tile- Flips through news messages according to the configuration of the tile.
- KPI Tile- It displays KPIs in real-time
20. What are the different OData services that are required for the SAP Fiori launchpad?
OData services have to be enabled in the SAP Netweaver gateway to establish a mapping between the technical OData name and the corresponding back-end service. In order to set up SAP Fiori launchpad and launchpad designer, we have to activate five specific OData services.
21. What is the use of SAP Solution Manager and Application Lifestyle Management?
SAP solution manager is the standard platform for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and plays a decisive role within the ALM tools. Besides providing SAP functionality itself, SAP solution manager integrates the other tools to ensure a comprehensive approach.
22. What is the use of PFCG role SAP_UI2_USER_700?
The Launchpad user must have the PFCG role SAP_UI2_USER_700 assigned. With this role, the user can run the SAP Fiori launchpad on the personalization level and has the authorization to execute the following OData services.
23. What is the use of UI Theme Designer? What are the benefits?
Using a UI theme designer, you can create your themes to adapt the visual appearance of applications. One single tool for theming and branding SAP’s key user interfaces. Apply your corporate branding and look to applications built with SAP UI technologies. The UI theme designer is a browser-based tool for cross-theming scenarios.
24. How do you extend an OData service (Gateway Content Layer) in SAP Gateway?
SAP Gateway Service Builder (transaction SEGM) is a design-time environment that provides developers with an easy-to-use set of tools for creating services. The code-based OData channel consumes it and supports developers throughout the development life cycle of a service.
SAP FIORI Training
Weekday / Weekend Batches
See Batch Details
25. Which components have to redefine while extending the Gateway layer of the SAP Fiori application?
IW_BEP on Business Suite & IW_FND on Gateway Layer
26. What is the use of the component.js file in UI extensibility?
The configuration is stored in the component.js file of the custom application. The component of the custom application needs to inherit from the main component of the original application. To make the location of the original application or component known to SAPUI5, it may be necessary to use the register module path.
27. What are fragments & views in SAPUI5?
- SAPUI5 Views: Views are nothing but the application pages. We define our user interface by creating views. Views are formed or created by using one or more controls in it say page.
- SAPUI5 Fragments: Fragments are the pieces of UI just like SAPUI5 views. Whenever we need to use some similar UI parts many times in our application/views, we create fragments of those UI parts.
28. What is the SAP HANA XS engine? How is it used for business suite and KPI?
For analytical apps, you need SAP Hana as an underlying database, with no expectations. Within the XS engine, there are two components. The HANA live app content for the respective business suite and the smart business component with the KPI modeller. The VDM reuse content exists within the HANA live content, which can be modified.
29. What is the SAP HANA XS engine? How is it used for business suite and KPI?
Three routing rules need to be defined in the SAP NWG system.
The routing rules need to be defined in the HANA studio
30. What is the Launchpad designer tool? Why do we need it?
We can use SAP Fiori launchpad designer for configuring and creating groups and catalog, which can then be accessed from SAP Fiori Launchpad which is a single entry point to all apps. We can search recently launched apps via the search capability of Launchpad.
In this blog, we have discussed frequently asked SAP Fiori Interview Questions. It includes basic level, intermediate level & advanced level questions that fit all the SAP modules. Candidates who want to get a job as an SAP executive or others should go through the questions and answers mentioned above. To get any technical position, theory and basic concepts are necessary for freshers applying for the SAP job roles, but for an experienced candidate, both practical and applied concepts are mandatory. Hope this article is useful for both freshers and experienced candidates.
1. SAP Fiori Architecture
2. SAP Fiori Elements
3. SAP Fiori Tools
Find our upcoming SAP FIORI Training Online Classes
Batch starts on 19th Mar 2023, Weekend batch
Batch starts on 23rd Mar 2023, Weekday batch
Batch starts on 27th Mar 2023, Weekday batch